Hotel Pattaya Thailand, Phang Nga Information                                                                                                                                                                                             
ADVERTISMENT


 WELCOME TO PATTAYA

 
PATTAYA TOURIST ATTRACTION
 -BEACH & ISLAND
 -OTHER ATTRACTION
SHOPPING
RESTAURANTS
MASSAGES & SPA
DIVING
GOLF
WATER SPORT / SPORT CLUB
HOSITAL / CLINIC
PATTAYA HOTEL
CAR RENTAL
PATTAYA MAP
 
PATTAYA NIGHTLIFE SHOW
 -TIFFANY SHOW
 -ALCAZAR CABARET
 -ALANGKARN SHOW
 -OPEN EYES SHOW
PUB & BAR , A-GO GO
BEER BAR
 
         
  Massage & Spa
 
  Elephant village
 water sport


 
 
 

 

     
               

       PHANG  NGA   INFORMATION



       Phang Nga is a primarily agricultural province in the south of Thailand. The chief cash crop is   rubber, and rubber plantations cover a considerable area, especially noticeable along the roads.   Aside from that, however, large areas are also given to food crops. Considerable amounts of   rice,   vegetables and fruits are produced in Phang-Nga. Phang-Nga province has an area of   4,170 sq.   kms., a large part of which is forest.

     History:
     Ancient records reveal that before establishment of the current dynasty   in the late 18th Century, the area called Phang-nga was a district   attrached to Takuapa, the leading town thereabouts.  Then with the   beginning of the Rattanakosin Dynasty, during the reign of Rama I,   Phang- nga was given equal status with Takuapa and another nearby   town, Takuatung, and all three were removed from the government's   Harbor Department and put under the Ministry of Defense.


     The best evidence indicates that Phang-nga was officially established in 1809 during the reign   of Rama II, when one of the periodic wars with Burma was reging.  The king there, Padung   Kasatri, appointed Ah Terng Woon to lead an invasion force for attack on Thailand's southern   towns.  The ship-borne army carried off the populations of Takuatung, and Thaland (in Phuket).    Thalang was razed to the ground.  An army under the direction of a royal prince was therefore   sent from Bangkok to drive of the attackers.


    While the war was raging some of the local people took refuge at a place then called Kra   Ph- nga   *(Malay for river mount of Pu-nga) protected on all sides by mountains.  After the   razing of   Thalang, it was the government's view that Thailand's hold on the area had   weakened, and that   a new town should be established in its stead. 


     Thus the citizenry left in the Thalang area was instructed to move to Kra Pu-nga and register   themselves as being resident there.  There is still a villages in what is today Takuatung District   called Thalang founded by those immigrants from Phuket.  The new city was put under the   administration of the government in Nakorn Sri Thammarat.


     During the reign of Rama III, the central government thought to strengthen the southwest   coastal town that were prey to successive Burmese attacks by appointing a governor for the   province who reported directly ot Bangkok.  Praya Borirak Puton (Sang Na Nakorn) thereby   became first governor of Phang-nga in 1840.  In the same year, Takuatung was reduced in   status   and became merely a district of Phang-nga.


     All during this period tin mining was booming, and as one of the most tin-rich of Thailand's tin   bearing locales, Phang-nga attracted increasing attention from the central government because   of its importance as a foreign exchange earner.  When the worldwide economic depression of   the   1930s struck.


     Thailand, Phang-nga's status was further enhanced by incorporation of Takuapa as a district   (1931).  One of Phang-nga Town's most beautiful old buildings is the Provincial Hall.  The first   such structure was built in Ban Chai Kai; a larger one was constructed in 1930 at Ban Tai Chang.    The present structure near Poong Chang Cave was built in 1972.


     *Pronunciation of Phang-nga's name is thought to have resulted from foreign tin buyers' and   operators' confusion with the way it was formerly written on maps, Pu-nga in which the old long   '00' sound is not clearly expressed.  If pronounced with a short '00' it is very close to present   pronunciation.


       Information provided by T.A.T (Tourism Authority of Thailand)

                                               
        
                                                                                                                                          
    Pattaya Hotel- online reservation - THAILAND

 

             

eXTReMe Tracker
                                          Home / About us / Contact us / Advertisment /
 
  water sport    nongnooch garden    alcazar show     thai food restaurants
    nong nooch garden / crocodile farm / elephant village / alangkarn show / tiffany show /     alcazar show / jomtien beach / lan island / sak island / walking street / thai food     restaurants/  international food restaurants /  pattaya go-cart / pattaya water park /     pattaya  a-go go /  Bottle art museum / Sanctuary of Truth / Under water World /      Ripley's  believe It or not   museum
                                    


     

      PATTAYA  HOTEL                    ONLINE 
  RESERVATION SYSTEM            -THAILAND-

        

        
   PATTAYA HOTELS HOT!
 
   pattaya hotel 

  long beach garden hotel

  a-one the royal cruise
 

          
            TOP DESTINATION

                     Bankok
                     Cha Am
                     Hua Hin
                  Chiang Mai
                   Chiang Rai
                 Kanchanaburi
                  Koh Chang
                 Koh Phangan
                  Koh Phi Phi
                   Koh Samui
                      Koh Tao
                        Krabi
                     Pattaya
                   Phang Nga
                     Phuket
                     Rayong

        



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hotel Pattaya Thailand, Pattaya Hotels Reservation